A new bookclub has been launched. It is online based and aims to help parents get the right book for their child. Membership is free and it could have many benefits for you and your child.
– Personalised email newsletter with book ideas and language tips – which will be personalised to your child’s exact age
– A Growing community of parents who want to know about language and books and love to share their tips and reviews. Giving you someone to talk to about your child’s reading.
– 3,000 books split into easy to use sections based on age and language development stage
– Price comparison data to show you where you can buy the book for the cheapest price. The Book Club don’t sell books – they help you to choose, and then show you where you can find them at the most competitive price.
– The ‘Dream Bookshelf’ feature. This lets members add books to a private virtual bookshelf to make personal notes on and save for later. They can share this with family and friends when they want to.
– Book Club Points. Members earn points for registering on the site, recommending books and writing reviews for the community. When you have enough points you can exchange them for any books on the website.
Former City Banker turned Book Seller Charlie Jones set up the Book Club. Charlie Has a BA honours in Linguistics and Phonetics and a Masters from Cambridge University, where he achieved a high distinction in Linguistics. He spent many years working on Child Language Acquisition before studying for 3 years and qualifying as a chartered accountant with PWC. Wanting to combine his love of language with businesss, and from researching the market and speaking to parents, it was obvious there was nothing online to help them choose the correct books and so The Book Club was born.
Posted by Clare Kersey